Huntington Beach, CA

Huntington Beach, CA
Making Waves

Friday, July 23, 2010

Opening Your Eyes to Opportunity

As the single career-driven friend, I have been finding opportunity following me wherever I go. The trouble with this is the matter of sorting out what is truly an opportunity and what will leave me feeling as though I have sucker written on my forehead.

Beware of the so-called “gurus” in the business of simply telling you seminars instead of the business of sincerely wanting to see you succeed. You know the ones I speak of. You sign up for a free two-day seminar and the Guru stands at the front of the room, says all the right things and completely wins you over, You’re a believer. You are so pumped that there’s a more “in depth” seminar! It will only cost you $997, you fly to LA and enjoy the seminar in the Guru’s house…and for the WOW factor he will even take you to his box at the Staples Centre for a game! You buy it and make arrangements to go to LA. The seminar itself isn’t bad, but needless to say you never get to go to the Staples Centre, he is selling more and more…WHEN DOES IT STOP? When will me, myself and I good enough? To teaching? To be the one making money with this?.

Everyone knows the key to opportunity and success is knowledge, and to never stop learning, once it starts costing you more and more, it is time to take a step back, analyze and research what best suits you and your needs.

I didn’t let that one Guru’s initial subterfuge deter me, and I have recently bought into a program that works with you personally to ensure that you succeed. They said all the right things but they did one thing no one else seemed to ever do….THEY FOLLOWED THROUGH.

Look for the follow through. Now, Im not saying not to go to an event, because by all means GO-this is the essential opportunity to network and build your connections (we will talk about that next week). The larger your network, the more opportunities you will have to partner, support, utilize and learn from.

BE AWARE that not all seminar “Guru’s” are bad but when they say that your seat is the last one, well you might want to think twice……..

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up! I wonder if these guys ever get reported to the Better Business Bureau..?

    ReplyDelete